Vita Play By Mail Bug

Give us your feedback, bring up your suggestions or help us make the game better by reporting any bugs.

Vita Play By Mail Bug

Postby logicsquirrel » August 13th, 2012, 8:40 am

I have a bug in the game that does not allow me to continue in a play by mail with my friend, no matter how many times i have him resend the move i can not continue.

It looks like it is loading but just goes to the game list and i can only view resend or forfeit, the same happens every time and i can't create a new game with him as it just trys to load that game.

I do not want to forfeit the game as it is 64 moves in to the game and i am winning.

Please help, any suggestions would be appreciated.
logicsquirrel

Re: Vita Play By Mail Bug

Postby spaceboy21 » September 5th, 2012, 3:51 pm

I am now having this problem too. PS3 version. I launch the game from the message but it never actually goes to the PBM game. Then with the message automatically deleted I can't even retry the game data link (the way you can on the Vita). I keep asking my opponent to resend his move. Next I will try starting the game itself first, then clicking the message and see what happens.

Vita version was having trouble similarly after the latest Vita update, but at least once the game was running you could go back to the message and reclick the link to get into the specific match. It actually had an error reporting function to Sony which I did religously everytime it happened.

Someone from VooFoo, please look into this issue specifically on the PS3 version.
spaceboy21

Postby Tam_VF » September 6th, 2012, 1:17 pm

Hey guys,
Thanks for posting this, I'll investigate.
Tam_VF

Postby spaceboy21 » September 6th, 2012, 3:01 pm

Thanks. To update. I tried to open Pure Chess first and it still didn't work. My opponnent had sent two messages resending his move and one time I clicked on the link in the message by going out to the XMB and the other time I used the "check messages" option from the game, then clicked the link. No dice either way.

Thanks for looking into this for us. It would be nice if the message didn't self delete on PS3 after using the game data so we could try a few times and maybe get past the bug. This feature has been helpful on Vita when there is a problem at least you can reclick the link.
spaceboy21

Postby spaceboy21 » September 13th, 2012, 4:56 pm

update - last couple moves I went into Pure Chess first then PBM, and clicked Check for Mail or whatever it says and it worked fine. I haven't tried launching PC from the mail itself recently.
spaceboy21

Postby Darkandugly » September 14th, 2012, 5:28 am

Yes same here from Chicago on Vita. After the update i can go to the message and then the game itll act lime its loading then a reporting error message to Sony
Darkandugly

Postby Firebrandx » November 4th, 2012, 4:25 pm

I just had the game crash on the PS3 during a Play By Mail game to the point of having to hard-reset the PS3. When I got back to the game, my opponent's move and my reply were both missing. This has effectively ruined the game, and this is not the first time this app has hard-crashed my PS3 (which is brand new by the way).

I also submitted a previous forum post a few days ago, but it never appeared on these forums.
Firebrandx

Return to Feedback, Suggestions & Bugs