Ranking not changing

Give us your feedback, bring up your suggestions or help us make the game better by reporting any bugs.

Ranking not changing

Postby Ric » April 14th, 2012, 6:18 pm

Hi guys - first off, thanks for giving us a chess game for the PS3! Great game and incredibly good value for money. :)

I've played 5 games so far against the computer, but my Pure Chess rating has stayed on 100. Is there a minimum number of games you need to play before your ranking changes?

Also, the very first game I played was an exhibition match. I played for almost an hour, was doing rather well, until I blundered at the end and it all went wrong. Rather than playing it through to the end, I resigned as I'd clearly lost, and a pop up appeared asking me if I was sure I wanted to quit. I thought that was a bit odd - but I hit yes. But then looking at my profile, it said I'd played no games (and as above, my ranking hadn't changed). So it seemed to me that resigning a game had the effect of me never having played it, as opposed to me having lost it (which would be the expected behaviour, I would have thought).

Voofoo guys are obviously such nice people .... I can't lose ranking points when I lose in Pure Chess, and I can't lose money when I lose in Hustle Kings!

Also the leaderboards are already looking a bit suspicious. 5 minutes to beat the game 4 times on Grand Master level? Maybe I'm just cynical, but that seems a bit quick if the AI is as good as I think it is! :)
Ric

Re: Ranking not changing

Postby john » April 14th, 2012, 8:34 pm

With no ability to save and resume mid-game, I think the ability to quit without statistical loss is only fair, if not essential.

As for the leaderboards - Quite easily explained by cheating. I've played racing games on PS3 where players have had lap times less than a second on the leaderboards, but it's probably the cheaters in question just having a computer play for them against another computer.
john

Postby StealthReborn » April 15th, 2012, 1:26 am

john wrote:With no ability to save and resume mid-game, I think the ability to quit without statistical loss is only fair, if not essential.

As for the leaderboards - Quite easily explained by cheating. I've played racing games on PS3 where players have had lap times less than a second on the leaderboards, but it's probably the cheaters in question just having a computer play for them against another computer.

You can save games, see link below.

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=741
StealthReborn

Postby Ric » April 18th, 2012, 3:08 pm

15 games now against AI - some exhibition games, some tournament games, but still no change to the pure chess rating. Still stuck on 100. Still love the game though - even though it hammers me most of the time.
Ric

Postby seekshelter » June 18th, 2012, 8:23 pm

I reformatted my vita because I started getting an error with another game. CE-12828-1. When I restored everything, I started occasionally getting that same error with PureChess. I removed PureChess and reinstalled. After the reinstall, the ranking no longer updates.
seekshelter

Postby seekshelter » June 19th, 2012, 12:34 am

Ok. Good News :) found that I had previously used the Copy Content function to back up the game. Copied it back to the Vita and now my stats are working again. Not sure why the problem wouldn't correct with a delete and full reinstall of the game or even a vita reformat and fresh install, but glad it's working again.
seekshelter

Postby Ridleysbox » August 23rd, 2012, 11:10 am

I am experiencing this Bug as well. I have won several matches against computer players from rankings 1-5 and my Pure Chess rating has not changed from 100. I have won a play by mail match and my ELO rating did change, so that ranking system is not bugged.

It is quite annoying as this Bug will prevent me from earning a trophy.
Ridleysbox

Postby wizard » November 21st, 2012, 9:46 pm

same here. still stuck at 100. annoying! is there any solution to this on ps3? if not perhaps this is something to work on?, or you can release a christmas chess set of gnomes and hope that that takes car of it.

Id like to take the chance to point to that there is absolutely no instructions manual what so ever in the game.

what is the point of this forum if none of the VooFoo guys answer posts? and why can't you post as guest? is it preferred to have a small group of people debating in here or an actual broad feedback from most people who just come here once to bring something up?

this is a company site. not some rockstar fanbase or is it?

I know I come off as very hostile and critical and I am. Overall though I as everyone else do think that this is a great game for a very low price, with or without the bugs and flaws :D
It's all in the hat!
wizard

Postby wizard » November 23rd, 2012, 3:12 am

I deleted and reinstalled the game. Now the PureChess Rating works for me.

I made sure to install in the order:
-trial (get ingame update), full version update, and then last my add-ons

I have no idea if that makes any difference but just incase it does. Hope this helps some of you!

Now however my rating is higher than I deserve as I rarely play games to the end when I am trailing a lot. It doesn't really make sense to me. Resigning should always be to declare a loss I think.

Couldn't there be two options? Quit and Resign for those who don't want to lose rating and for those who who do.

I also noticed that you can challenge people that are pending friends and players met. Not much but perhaps a tiny help for those of you struggling to find people to play with.

Otherwise playstation home indy park where the chess and checker area is is a descent place to look for possible owners of this game. just use "compare trophies" to see if they have it or not

Thanks again for a great game.
It's all in the hat!
wizard

Return to Feedback, Suggestions & Bugs