What game are you playing?

This is where all the off-topic blabbering goes.

What game are you playing?

Postby Tam_VF » August 22nd, 2011, 4:35 pm

Hiya everyone,

Thought i'd start a bit of a games discussion going.

I've been playing Bastion and Heavy Rain. Bastion is on XBLA and is well worth checking out if you are into action games. The art and audio is lovely and there's elements of RPG going on so it's not the same experience for everyone.
Heavy Rain i'm playing through for a 2nd time with the Move to see what it's like. It adds a new level to the interactions as the inputs have been designed so the player almost simulates the movements required. So to start a car you push the move controller forward and then twist it. Or to sit down in a chair you have to pull the chair out then turn and lower yourself into the chair. Also playing through a 2nd time means I can make some difference choices and see different elements of the story.

What games are you playing?
Tam_VF

Re: What game are you playing?

Postby jonuvull » August 23rd, 2011, 8:52 pm

Hustle kings of course mainly looking forward to the new battlefield 3 game though.
jonuvull

Postby Tam_VF » September 16th, 2011, 12:25 pm

Not long now til Battlefield. I don't think i'm getting it. I'd want it on PC and that'd mean buying a new PC just for the game.

I'm looking forward to the Ico / Shadow of the Colossus HD collection on PS3. That's out on the 30th.
Tam_VF

Postby homerjnick » September 20th, 2011, 4:24 pm

Been working on the Splinter Cell HD Remakes...fantastic genre of games!
homerjnick

Postby Tam_VF » September 22nd, 2011, 6:10 pm

I've only played through the first Splinter Cell, on PS2 i think? I played the demo for the newest one with all the posh UI that gets projected onto the environment but I didn't like it. Far too easy to not play stealthy and I wanted a stealth game! The stealth in Alpha Protocol is pretty good but then there's a lot of key points in that game where your character needs to be good at using big guns, so if you follow the stealth skill tree it gets pretty difficult without a stealthy solution.

How do the Splinter Cell HD versions play? I've got the HD collection of Price of Persia but its pretty buggy.

I downloaded the Move Pack for LittleBigPlanet 2 the other day. I've played through the story levels and started work on a level using the Move controller. The new sticker material is mega-useful. I'd been manually deleting material behind stickers but this new sticker material automatically goes transparent on the area that don't have a sticker. Lovely!
Tam_VF

Postby jonuvull » September 23rd, 2011, 10:46 pm

Battlefield is still better on ps3 then call of duty though which is sometimes riddiculas online for lagging so i think bf3 will be my first choice on the shooting scene, glad to hear of the up coming trillogy you mentioned though i used to have shadow of the collosus and loved it but never played the other two so i will certainly be looking out for that, thanks .
jonuvull

Postby Tam_VF » September 27th, 2011, 12:41 pm

It's only Shadow of the Colossus and Ico. No 3rd game. But still, well worth it for two classic that are both very highly regarded. All the reviews so far are 9s and 10s.
Tam_VF

Postby jonuvull » October 2nd, 2011, 6:14 pm

Yes just miss read first time still definitly worth buying though
jonuvull

Postby Tam_VF » October 6th, 2011, 12:17 pm

So Ico is fantastic. I've only played about 2 hours so far but it's been great to play it again with my designer eyes rather than my much younger eyes when I first played it. Something I hadn't remembered was the complete lack of HUD/tutorial/UI hints. Its quite refreshing to play a game like Ico without a load of UI in the way and constant HUD flashing every time I get near an interaction. I'm not sure if this was a design choice or is a relic from older game development days but I like it!
Tam_VF

Postby jonuvull » November 26th, 2011, 9:15 pm

Got a fantastic game, deus ex. Not picked hustle kings up since i got it, trust me that is a hell of an achievement for a game to do, lol.
jonuvull

Next

Return to Chit-Chat