Hustle Kings Pool Cup Semi-Finals!

All of the latest significant news from VooFoo will be posted here.

Hustle Kings Pool Cup Semi-Finals!

Postby John_VF » June 25th, 2011, 2:41 pm

Hey Guys,

Just thought I'd let you know that we're down to the final four in the HK Pool Cup.

Take a look at the following link for more information:

http://www.voofoostudios.com/

Once again, we'd like to wish the players luck in their quest to become champion! A rather slick MacMorran Lincoln 2 piece American Pool Cue is at stake so I'm sure some nerves will be kicking in :)
John_VF

Re: Hustle Kings Pool Cup Semi-Finals!

Postby QuietlyWrong » June 25th, 2011, 3:59 pm

Oooh, thanks for the mentions! As for nerves, I've already had my share of them after the third shot of my clearance, when I realised I still had four more balls before the score would count... Oh the relief when the 8-ball went in and that I remembered to change the nominated pocket before playing the shot ;)

Oh, how I wish I'd done that for the Sony Bravia competition... As it was, I think I was 15th in that competition...
QuietlyWrong

Postby John_VF » June 27th, 2011, 10:01 am

QuietlyWrong wrote:Oh, how I wish I'd done that for the Sony Bravia competition... As it was, I think I was 15th in that competition...

Yeah, I bet! :D

Good luck in tomorrow's semi-final match QuietlyWrong - Pudds is pretty handy so it should be interesting ;)

For those that are interested in keeping an eye on this competition - we have our first finalist and you can read more about it on our main website (link above). There are YouTube video replays too! Good stuff :D
John_VF

Postby homerjnick » June 27th, 2011, 11:56 am

:cry:
homerjnick

Postby homerjnick » June 27th, 2011, 11:59 am

JohnVF,

You have linked the 1st frame twice in your post on your main website, you need to change the link for the third and final frame to actually link to third frame on YouTube.

The link for the third frame should be: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mHstDPSQ ... re=related
homerjnick

Postby John_VF » June 27th, 2011, 12:39 pm

Sloppy me! Thanks for the heads-up, should be sorted now :)
John_VF

Postby QuietlyWrong » June 28th, 2011, 9:21 pm

Due to the unexpected absence of LordRoss, who's running the competition on the SCEE side, Pudds and I have agreed to postpone the second semi-final until Friday evening, 9pm. Hopefully, we should get a good game then. :)
QuietlyWrong

Postby QuietlyWrong » July 3rd, 2011, 1:16 pm

Well, we did play on Friday night; Pudds won 2-1, I uploaded videos to Youtube and you can see an over-enthusiastic write-up on VooFoo's homepage: http://www.voofoostudios.com/?p=315 :lol:

All I'll say is I was amazed at how much my play suffered due to pressure that I didn't think I was feeling - I missed three or four shots by overcutting that I couldn't believe. I still can't believe how far out my final shot - on the ten-ball - was - I felt sure I would win the frame from that point! I'm sure Pudds was equally affected. As soon as I played a friendly match afterwards, my play returned to normal, and I realised how much I'd been affected.

Anyway, I've enjoyed the competition and look forward to more in future - no need for prizes, I just enjoy the challenge. Maybe one with a less difficult entry phase, that apparently stopped a lot of people from taking part because they couldn't clear the table at one visit.

Now how about some built-in functionality for many-player tournaments... [hint hint]
QuietlyWrong

Postby Revolver » July 3rd, 2011, 3:06 pm

Unlucky QW pudds is a good player never played him at pool but he plays under napier_jack at snooker and is very hard to beat,watched all 3 frames on youtube and QW you must be kicking yourself thought it was over a few times when he let you in, could of gone anyway good match gl to the finalists
Revolver

Postby Pudds » July 4th, 2011, 7:38 am

That was a tense semi-final,could of gone either way.The double on the black at 1-0 down was the big shot for me and i couldn't believe it when i snookered myself,played a jump shot and snookered myself again behind the same ball. :roll:
Who is napier-jack,it's not me, sounds like an imposter,identity theft even :shock:
Did he tell you he was me?

As for tournement's in game that would be ace.
Pudds

Return to Announcements