The Jumbo Info Post

Chat and gossip about Pure Chess

The Jumbo Info Post

Postby Tam_VF » April 13th, 2012, 5:14 pm

Here is a massive post with lots of Pure Chess details. Hopefully this covers a lot of your questions.

---

Game modes
Exhibition – Play classic chess against AI or a local player.
Play by Mail - Play against your PSN friends. Each move is sent as a message. You can have up to eight Play by Mail games active.
Bonus Games - 100 “Mate in X” bonus games.
Tournaments – Three challenging tournaments to work through.
Tutorial – 38 lessons covering everything from how to select and move pieces to tactics and openings.

AI difficulty
AI has 10 difficulty levels. We had novices, our local chess club and a Grandmaster play against a range of difficulties to make sure we offer a challenge for players of all skill levels.

Timers
There are three timer styles to choose from. None for no time limit. Move for specific time per move. Incremental for an initial time and additional time per move.

Two player
Two player games can be either a local game or a Play by Mail game against PSN friends.

Cameras
Eye view to see the board from eye level, Top down for a view from above the board and Piece-cam to focus on specific pieces.

Trophies
There are different trophy lists for each version, each with slight variations. PS3 list here (http://www.ps3trophies.org/game/pure-chess/trophies/). Vita list coming soon.

ELO / Pure Chess Rating
ELO is for Play by Mail games and Pure Chess Rating is for games against AI.

Music
There are 25 stunning songs covering four different styles of classical, jazz, chill and nature.

Stats
There are a bunch of stats to keep track of how you have done against AI levels, Play by Mail opponents, moves played, time played and your ratings.

Buying both versions
If you want to have Pure Chess on both PS3 and Vita then you will need to buy both versions. There is no cross-play between Vita and PS3.

DLC
DLC will initially be piece sets and locations packs. Currently there is a Park pack available.

Release Dates
EU: Released on PS3 11th April. Released on Vita 18th April.
US: Aiming for release on both PS3 and Vita for May 22nd.
Tam_VF

Re: The Jumbo Info Post

Postby StealthReborn » April 13th, 2012, 5:40 pm

Very informative post, thanks!

I just have one more question that's been lurking in my mind, and that's if I can save a game and resume later on. For example, lets say it's getting late at night and I'm in a tournament or just a regular exhibition game, can I just simply save the game so I can resume later on whenever I wish?

Because I noticed in Hustle Kings when I'd be playing the snooker tournament I'd have to do the entire tournament in one go and if I quit because I had to leave, I'd lose all of my progress. That was quite frustrating.

So being in a deep game of chess, that's obviously the last thing I'd want to happen to me. Is that option available? :geek: :)
StealthReborn

Postby Tam_VF » April 13th, 2012, 8:35 pm

You can indeed save games. They are saved as moves so you can watch back the whole game or watch up to any point and re-join the game from there.
So if you feel you were close to winning but made a silly move which eventually led to your defeat, you can save the game, step through the moves until your mistake and re-play the rest of the match to see if you can win.
Tam_VF

Postby StealthReborn » April 13th, 2012, 11:15 pm

Tam_VF wrote:You can indeed save games. They are saved as moves so you can watch back the whole game or watch up to any point and re-join the game from there.
So if you feel you were close to winning but made a silly move which eventually led to your defeat, you can save the game, step through the moves until your mistake and re-play the rest of the match to see if you can win.

Thats great to hear, thanks again! :D
StealthReborn

Postby terryfried » November 11th, 2013, 12:23 pm

Just one clarification please. If I purchase packs for android, can I download them onto my smartphone and tablet without paying twice?
terryfried

Return to Pure Chess Discussion