Patch 2.02

Any general waffle or miscellaneous chit-chat related to Hustle Kings on PlayStation 3 should go here.

Patch 2.02

Postby homerjnick » February 16th, 2012, 12:13 am

Can't find anything on the internet that tells us what is in this update but presume it is to match the Vita version?

Can we get details please?
homerjnick

Re: Patch 2.02

Postby JELLYHEAD » February 16th, 2012, 12:34 am

Me either see they have added 1 cushion carom and the lobby rooms are different and you can also hit the ball as hard as you want without it coming back out,the line players will love that and as you say probably also for the psvita also just checked the pool shots still bounce out on there but not as bad and pot has a realistic sound also you can't roll up for easy snooker its a foul!!
JELLYHEAD

Postby Tam_VF » February 16th, 2012, 1:17 pm

Hey guys,
You've been pretty eagle-eyed with spotting the changes! Apologies for not having this info up sooner. As ever, we hope you're having great fun playing Hustle Kings and please let us know if you have any feedback regarding this patch or Hustle Kings in general.

Here's a list of the new stuff in 2.02:

• Rule tweaks such as improved snooker rules, can no longer roll up for a snooker
  • Classification of a snooker in snooker games has been tweaked to fix misses and free ball
  • The response of pockets has been improved with regards to balls bouncing out
  • Improvements to sound effects

• Carom game type is now in free play
  • 1 cushion carom game type for an easier introduction to carom

• Move controller input vastly improved. It’s now much easier to use and far better for taking shots.

• Online quick match completely overhauled with new options for specifying what game options you'd prefer
  • Online lobby changes to support Vita and PS3 cross play
Tam_VF

Postby homerjnick » February 16th, 2012, 4:51 pm

Thanks Tam...the fix in pocket sensitivity for snooker is much appreciated!
homerjnick

Postby JELLYHEAD » February 18th, 2012, 7:43 pm

Note its not the roll up to your own ball for easy snooker which is the foul,the snooker is irrelevant either the object ball or the cue ball must hit a cushion so if you under hit a shot its a foul even if you haven't snookered opponent.feedback on the potting noise has been overall quite negative with friends saying "its getting on my nerves now" to put it kindly any change takes a while to get used to,it feels almost to polished now if that makes sense but overall im indifferent nice to see the other peoples names now in lobby they used to be blurred now there ultra sharp,will always be a top top game.
JELLYHEAD

Postby homerjnick » February 19th, 2012, 11:30 am

The sound of a ball potted is quite frankly strange and should be changed back.

Clicking onto Online Play and Find Rooms is now just hanging my PS3 with 3 beeps and then resets it...

What happened to the default view? It seem that I am now much close to the cueball or is that my imagination...I really need to zoom out a bit but you can't...
homerjnick

Postby gazovwar » February 20th, 2012, 9:15 pm

Sorry voofoo but the new potting sound is driving me round the twist, much prefer the old sound.
Also when in a online room, eg 8ball noline, when the owner changes to lines or another game,nothing appears on screen to let other players in room know that it has changed. The number of times I have accepted challenge only to find the room is suddenly lines.
Good news is I got vita preordered, even better news can download hk for vita.
Regards gaz
gazovwar

Postby Tam_VF » February 23rd, 2012, 2:23 pm

Hi Guys,

First of all, thanks for your feedback.

Sorry to hear you're not keen on the new sounds for pocketing balls.
I made the change because I thought the old sound sounded more like the ball hitting metal than landing in a plastic pocket.
What is it that you don't like about that particular sound?

As for notifications to lobby changes, we've added that to our fixes for the next patch.
Tam_VF

Postby gazovwar » February 24th, 2012, 12:45 pm

The new sound for potting balls actually dont sound to bad on the vita. But when playing on ps3 with better speakers it sounds as you said " plasticky "
Now I know pockets in real life are plastic. But the noise is to intense.
Sounds almost tinny.
One more thing to add regards feedback.
You have made great use of the touchscreen features regards taking shots, lining shots up etc.
But is there to be an option for taking a shot using the ps3 analogue method ?
Press X to stop skill meter.
To sum up though, this game rocks on the vita. It should come as standard preloaded on every vita.
gazovwar

Postby John_VF » February 24th, 2012, 11:35 pm

Hi chaps, I'm pretty sure the PS3 pocket sound effects qualify as a bug - shouldn't have slipped through but these things can happen. The levels are way off so I'm hoping that we can remedy the situation with a patch at some point in the near future. I'll be trying to get this done ASAP.

On another note, thanks for the comments re HK on PS Vita - we're so pleased to have received such awesome feedback from everyone that's played it! It really does make it all worthwhile to know that so many people are having fun :)

A huge thank you on behalf of the whole team!
John_VF

Next

Return to Hustle Kings PS3 Discussion