Online Leaderboards

Any general waffle or miscellaneous chit-chat related to Hustle Kings on PlayStation 3 should go here.

Online Leaderboards

Postby homerjnick » January 30th, 2012, 1:55 pm

Whilst taking part in the Playstation sponsered Snooker League in HK a few of us have made over 100 in breaks.

QuietlyWrong just got a 143 in a league match which is impressive but if you look at the online leaderboard for Snooker Breaks using a short aiming line it doesn't match what has been achieved.

There are several players who have recorded 100 breaks and have the YouTube recording of it YET they do not have an entry in the online leaderboard.

Can Voofoo explain why that is? When does your break get posted to the leaderboard?
homerjnick

Re: Online Leaderboards

Postby QuietlyWrong » January 31st, 2012, 10:41 pm

I think it would be technically a Voofoo sponsored league. ;)

To illustrate the fact, here are videos of Pudds and RenegadeXtreme getting century breaks...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bc22XOYm0b4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UO-kJg9vhx4

...both definitely with the short aiming line (I can vouch for the Pudds one, having been on the receiving end!) and yet neither of them appears on the online high score table. (Incidentally, this isn't Pudds' only century break in the league, yet none of them appear.)
QuietlyWrong

Postby John_VF » January 31st, 2012, 11:28 pm

Hey chaps,

Thanks for letting us know about the leaderboard issue - I'll investigate and get back to you as soon as I can.

We will be supplying a PSN gift card to a random snooker league player and although we don't post on the official thread, we do watch many of the games with interest and keep an eye on the table - with games in hand, Pudds is looking mighty dangerous once again! Special mention to QuietlyWrong for that high break - incredible to do it in a match.

Speaking of high score tables - we have four special online bonus games for the PS Vita version of Hustle Kings and to say they're addictive is an understatement. We've had an internal battle during development and far too many hours have been spent trying to beat one another. They just made us very, very competitive! The whole testing department gave us a real challenge too so we're looking forward to seeing whether our internal scores are quickly beaten once Vita launches - not too long to go now! Once the game is out there, we'll lay down the gauntlet and share our best times/scores. :twisted:

Cheers,
John
John_VF

Postby JELLYHEAD » February 1st, 2012, 2:59 pm

yeah it only saves the data of the last frame you played if your playing best of 3 or 5 so if you get 147 first frame it won't register so just play single frame matches
JELLYHEAD

Postby QuietlyWrong » February 1st, 2012, 3:07 pm

JELLYHEAD wrote:yeah it only saves the data of the last frame you played if your playing best of 3 or 5 so if you get 147 first frame it won't register so just play single frame matches

Oh yeah, that's consistent with the results I've seen - good spot!

As for the challenges, bring it on! I can't wait! :twisted:
QuietlyWrong

Postby homerjnick » February 2nd, 2012, 3:45 pm

Good spot but what kind of setup is that?????? That surely needs changing....
homerjnick

Return to Hustle Kings PS3 Discussion