Special Chalk questions

Any general waffle or miscellaneous chit-chat related to Hustle Kings on PlayStation 3 should go here.

Special Chalk questions

Postby blackflagsailor » August 3rd, 2011, 4:33 pm

Ok, let me start off right here before I get farther into this and get a lot of bantering on here about how special chalks are cheating or "I never use special chalk" or "just play the game without it"... I know all the opinions and feels about using the special chalks.

I have never personally have never used special chalk. I would not use it online either. With that aside...

I usually play on hard with no lines but rarely do I win a match. With lines on and hard difficulty, that game is still pretty challenging if you happen to miss a shot. The NPC usually can clear the table without missing. I've been playing through career mode and am now stuck on Professional league. Some of the matches without lines are really challenging and I usually run out of credits and have to do some trick shots or something to get up to enough to attempt it again. I've read online that I should consider buying chalk to help get through career mode. Does this stuff really help? Does it work on the matches without lines?
blackflagsailor

Re: Special Chalk questions

Postby Ouazegaga » August 3rd, 2011, 7:11 pm

I have never personally have never used special chalk. I would not use it online either.

Same here.

I've been playing through career mode and am now stuck on Professional league. Some of the matches without lines are really challenging and I usually run out of credits and have to do some trick shots or something to get up to enough to attempt it again.

Same here. Boring to make ten times in a row the 580.000 HKC trickshot (when you success, you can't redo the trickshot directly, you have to go to the menu and load it again each time...) :x

I should consider buying chalk to help get through career mode. Does this stuff really help? Does it work on the matches without lines?

I don't know how special chalks work exactly, but I guess it adjusts automatically the perfect "insane" shot for you. You just have to push the button.

It works on the matches without lines. Before the patch that allowed to adjust the use or not of special chalks in online match, I've encountered some players using special chalk (the green one) in no-line online match. I think it's the same thing for career no-line match.

Buy stuff to clear a game, I don't accept this. Especially when it's near impossible to clear the game without this stuff.

On the other side, I was an early buyer of the Snooker pack. 25 free chalks uses should be in it, but there has been a bug, and, like a lot of others early buyers, I've never got these free chalks (I counted on it to clear the carreer mode).

And Voofoo has never done something to compensate us. :(
Ouazegaga

Postby John_VF » August 3rd, 2011, 8:52 pm

Hi guys,

I will try to answer your questions :)

Firstly, it is absolutely possible to complete career mode without using any special chalks. Many people have achieved this, although we concede that career mode is very challenging (with or without chalk).

Special chalk helps, but does not automatically aim for you. If you're good enough, standard blue chalk allows you to achieve any shot that can be done with special chalk. Some chalks allow a greater length aim line while others may help you achieve a higher accuracy (which obviously helps you to pull off complex swerves, jumps etc). Your resulting shot when using SC will in no way change the physics.

In the case of no line career games - one of the special chalks may give you a short aim line, which can be useful if you've run out of position etc. If you don't allow special chalk in the set-up of an online room, then no one will be able to use it!

As for the issue of 25 free chalk uses and compensation for those that didn't receive them - all I can say is that Sony were entirely responsible for that promotion so if you didn't get the chalk, please contact them directly.

Cheers!
John_VF

Postby blackflagsailor » August 4th, 2011, 3:24 am

Don't get me wrong here; I like the idea of custom special chalks. I wish you could use your HKC to buy it rather then actual cash. And yes, I'm sure there have been a lot of people able to complete career mode without chalk. I was just wondering if it would help a little to use it.
blackflagsailor

Postby homerjnick » August 4th, 2011, 5:21 pm

I completed the game with no special chalk...the only time I have ever used special chalk is to get a 147 in Snooker to get the PS3 Trophy...
homerjnick

Postby jonuvull » August 6th, 2011, 9:00 pm

I personally never used special chalks and always played in no line rooms, But some people used to go in no line rooms and then started using special chaulks in them which effectively turned the no line room into a lines on room for the player who was using special chaulks thus giving him an advantage over the the guy playing with no lines this is why it was dubbed cheat chauk. Thank god the patch came and gave us the option to turn it of altogether.
jonuvull

Postby jonuvull » December 16th, 2011, 4:08 pm

John is correct, it is more then possible to complete without special chaulks ive done all levels including insane mode, all bonus games and all trickshot challenges using only blue chaulk (and a little natural ability, and a whole lot of flare lol).
jonuvull

Return to Hustle Kings PS3 Discussion