Hustle Kings More DLC Please

Any general waffle or miscellaneous chit-chat related to Hustle Kings on PlayStation 3 should go here.

Hustle Kings More DLC Please

Postby blackflagsailor » July 19th, 2011, 5:26 pm

Hi,
I'm new on here and would love to share some ideas for Hustle Kings. This game is great. I played it at a friends for about 20 minutes and fell in love. I am fanatic of billiards and usually play on the real slate but this game felt very realistic and offered things like Snooker, which I don't often get a chance to play locally which is a shame as it's a fantastic game. It's also a great way to meet billiards players from around the world.

Anyway, I first wanted to say "Great job Voofoo! Great game!". I also wanted to encourage you to do more download-able content for this title. I would love to see the following:

7 Ball - this game, though fast, is a really fun game. It's great for players who want to load up Hustle Kings for a quick game, but it is also a lot of fun and offers strategy similar to 9 ball. It would be great if you gave us the special striped 7 ball as seen on TV for this game too.

Baseball billiards - A fun game that uses 21 balls (16-21 additional special striped balls). The player has nine shots or innings at the table. Each single inning he tries to pot as many balls as he can before he misses and outs.

Poker billiards - Uses a special set of balls that are marked 1-16 on one side and A, K, Q, J on the other. Players try to pocket balls to form poker hands, with no more then 5 balls being allowed to be potted during a single inning.

Russian Pyramid - This is a game I never see in the United States and after seeing it online, I fell in love and would very much like to see it appear in Hustle Kings as it offers great billiards skill. It is played on a Snooker sized table with all white, numbered balls and a red cue ball. The pockets are very tight making shots much more challenging. Please check out this wiki page on it and hopefully you'll consider as it look like great challenge! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russian_pyramidPossible trophies for this one? ;)

Cowboy billiards - is a game played with the 1, 3, and 5 ball which encourages this use of carom shots. The game is played to 101 points. However, once a player reaches their 90th point, they must make the next few shots with special limitations.

Reverse pool - Some know it as "Chinese 8 ball". It combines the playing style of 8 Ball Pool with the shooting style of other carom games. This makes for a distinctly different, yet familiar game. Balls are pocketed by striking the object ball first using the cue stick and causing it to carom off of the cue ball, then fall into the called pocket. A very fun game but might be more of a challenge to develop for hustle kings as you'd have to make it so that players can choose which object ball to shoot at the cue ball.

Keno pool - uses a board with holes in which you score by combining the ball number with numbered hole on the board. There is a video on youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yV4gq_UjX4MAlthough usually it's play on a pocket-less table.

Bumber pool - This would be fun to play as well.

Anyway, I hope someone at Voofoo reads this and gets thinking. These would be great fun and I feel would improve or add to a great game!

More game rules can be found at http://www.billiardsforum.info/pool-rules.asp
Snooker games http://www.snookergames.co.uk/games.html
Last edited by blackflagsailor on July 20th, 2011, 3:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
blackflagsailor

Re: Hustle Kings More DLC Please

Postby Tam_VF » July 20th, 2011, 11:40 am

Hi and welcome to the VooFoo forum.

Thanks for your feedback. We're really pleased to hear you like Hustle Kings so much.
We are always listening to the community and will add your feedback to our list of things to think about :D
Tam_VF

Postby blackflagsailor » July 20th, 2011, 3:50 pm

I just bought the game yesterday and spent nearly my entire day playing it. I couldn't keep myself away from it. It's beautiful on me 42" LCD! The balls look as real as my Aramith ball set sitting in my store room! The gameplay is smooth and the controls are very comfortable. The option to play your own music is a feature on the PS3 that is often left out of games and it's a very nice feature. I love being able to play while listening to my favorite music. The more time I spent playing, the more I discovered what the game has to offer. I've only tried free play, exhibition, and started career mode and I have a feeling that's just a tiny bit of what it offers. Online looks like great fun, especially with friends.

Snooker is a favorite of mine! I played a lot of it yesterday. Actually I purchased it along with the game and the Carom & UK pack. I am from the United States and we don't see Snooker played over here, which is a shame as it's a fun billiard game. This is why I wanted to contact you about other games like 7 ball, poker billiards, baseball, especially Russian Pyramid, which looks like a lot of challenge and fun.

Some new arenas would be nice. Maybe something away from the contemporary modern style found in the game. Maybe a nice UK pub style area with a beautiful wood table and stained glass windows in the background. Just a thought. But I'd love to see more games, modes, cue sticks, avatars, balls, and arenas. Some other Snooker variants other then standard Snooker and Snooker 6 would be fun too.

Great game Voofoo! Please give us more!
blackflagsailor

Postby John_VF » July 21st, 2011, 4:00 pm

Hi Blackflagsailor!

I'll echo what Tam has already said in that we're really pleased to know you're enjoying the game. We've read through your suggestions and you've managed to list a lot of very cool game types that we'd never even heard of! Thanks for breaking them down in such a detailed way - some of them do sound great.

We've been very lucky here at VooFoo in that the Hustle Kings community has contributed hugely to the game. A lot of the DLC available was developed on the back of numerous e-mails and ideas provided by players like yourself. There are many that still continue to give us valuable feedback and we are doing what we can to continue supporting the game.

Although I can't promise anything, I can say that we'll take your suggestions very seriously and if we do decide we're able to provide a new DLC release, your ideas will be discussed in great detail.

Thanks again, we hope you continue have great fun with the game!
John_VF

Postby QuietlyWrong » July 22nd, 2011, 5:07 pm

While I would welcome more DLC, especially in the form of new rule sets (UK billiards!), some thought needs to be given to how it works for people who don't have the DLC.

For instance, if I want to play against opponents using my new DLC cues, it works fine. But if I want to use my new ballsets, I can't. It would be better, I think, if people without the DLC just saw ordinary balls rather than my glittery ones...

(incidentally, for games like Killer and 14:1, where the colours on the balls don't matter, excepting the 8-ball/black, I think you should be able to use any ballset. I think I'd use my fancy Pirate vs Ninja balls etc more often if I could use them in 14:1 Pool...)

If I want to play online using other types of DLC, like the 6ft UK pool table, or Carom (not that I would, given the current punishing win-conditions), I can't find any opponents, because people without the DLC can't enter the room to compete. So if all these interesting billiards variations were added, I fear it would be near-impossible to find an online match most of the time.
QuietlyWrong

Postby blackflagsailor » July 22nd, 2011, 5:52 pm

@ John and Tam - There are a LOT of really fun billiard games, leaving you lots of options for DLC if you wish, which is nice about a pool game. AS I said before, I'd love to see Russian Billiards. I've been working with someone who speaks Russian to translate the basic game along with variations. I think it would make a great addition to the Carom and Snooker games which you've added already. But there are LOTS of other great Billiard games too. I can't stress enough how great this game is already! Great Job guys!
blackflagsailor

Postby QuietlyWrong » July 24th, 2011, 1:06 pm

QuietlyWrong wrote: some thought needs to be given to how it works for people who don't have the DLC.

Thinking about it more, perhaps the simplest, most effective solution, would be to package as many new games into a single DLC as possible. That way everyone who buys it gets all the games and there's a higher likelihood that your opponents will have the same games... Package them all in the Vita release and we're on to a winner. :)
QuietlyWrong

Postby blackflagsailor » July 24th, 2011, 4:35 pm

It shouldn't be any different then playing Snooker. The games I've mentioned wouldn't be custom pool balls, but rather their own game modes that use their own billiard ball style as Snooker uses it's own unique set of 15 reds, 6 colors. These billiard balls in each game couldn't be used in say 8 or 9 ball.

Hustle Kings on the Vita could be very interesting, but not everyone enjoys handheld systems. If VooFoo gives us a Vita HK, I hope they keep up with the DLC on the PS3 version.

Anyway, I just wanted to share some fantastic games with the folks at VooFoo and couldn't find a direct email so I hoped someone from VooFoo would hear my ideas. Now I'm going back to enjoying the game!

Cheers!
blackflagsailor

Postby JELLYHEAD » July 25th, 2011, 11:38 pm

Wouldn't mind some new games its flustrating cuthroat is the only game you can't play online out of the games in exhibition ( 3 player game) really like this game
JELLYHEAD

Postby QuietlyWrong » July 27th, 2011, 11:36 am

blackflagsailor wrote:It shouldn't be any different then playing Snooker.

Ah, but snooker has the huge advantage that it is a very popular game in the UK, so there are usually some players online who want to play. More obscure games will not have the same sort of following... Perhaps another way to encourage players is to have special [game X] days where players of certain games online get some sort of incentive to do so. Not sure what that incentive would be. Myabe a weekly or fortnightly competition ladder for a given game... Hmmm...
QuietlyWrong

Next

Return to Hustle Kings PS3 Discussion