Time for 2

Any general waffle or miscellaneous chit-chat related to Hustle Kings on PlayStation 3 should go here.

Time for 2

Postby jonuvull » June 11th, 2011, 11:59 pm

hi just a suggestion, Maybe it's time for hustle kings 2. despite all the problems with this first installation it still remains a fantastic game with a lot of regular players maybe then you can take what you have learned this time round, Improve on it, tackle everyhing in one "go so to speek". Then we could have a new better protected rank system and up to date rules without upsetting anyone, the boys at VooFoo sell loads of copies everyone wins.
jonuvull

Re: Time for 2

Postby John_VF » June 18th, 2011, 2:34 pm

Sounds great in theory! We've definitely learned a lot from the experience of making Hustle Kings and I am sure Hustle Kings 2 would go a long way to correcting many of the minor issues we didn't foresee. However, it's highly unlikely that you'll see Hustle Kings 2 on this generation of consoles but what I will say is that we've put a lot of effort into the Vita version of the game. To us, it's feeling almost like a HK 1.5! We're supporting cross-play so many features have to remain the same because of that fact, but we've virtually re-tuned the whole single-player career mode based on all of the previous feedback. The UI is completely different and there are new control methods available (not to mention lots of other bits and pieces). We're pretty excited by the whole thing and we've been working hard to ensure that it's as good as it can be.
John_VF

Postby homerjnick » June 20th, 2011, 3:45 pm

John_VF wrote:However, it's highly unlikely that you'll see Hustle Kings 2 on this generation of consoles

Why? If you released HK2 and fixed all the issues and brought in new content it would sell as good as if not better than HK1...I would buy it straight off.
homerjnick

Postby QuietlyWrong » June 20th, 2011, 8:25 pm

homerjnick wrote:Why? If you released HK2 and fixed all the issues and brought in new content it would sell as good as if not better than HK1...I would buy it straight off.

Well, I'd quite like the issue-fixing patches to be done for free... ;)

But if the single-player campaign has been totally revamped to provide a more interesting and naturalistic progression (not the 'pre-scripted'-seeming games where the AI is almost guaranteed to give you 2 or 3 visits to the table but will never EVER foul the 8-ball and hand you the win...) then yeah, I think that could be worth a purchase. But I guess that would be up to Sony. Certainly I'd be disappointed if it became an annual release like WSC, with incremental addition of minor features for each release...

I'm really looking forward to PSVita Hustle Kings. I mean _really_. Day one purchase for me. Even if that means I have to buy a Vita on day one as well. :) Oh, but please, please, please tell me I'll be playing snooker on the hand-held...
QuietlyWrong

Postby JELLYHEAD » July 5th, 2011, 4:34 pm

When you say cross play does that mean the psvita user can play against a ps3 user if so would the user of say the psvita have any advantages over the other. thx
JELLYHEAD

Postby homerjnick » July 6th, 2011, 11:03 am

JELLYHEAD wrote:When you say cross play does that mean the psvita user can play against a ps3 user if so would the user of say the psvita have any advantages over the other. thx

Well, reading between the lines, if cross-play is supported and HK on the Vita has been revamped then they MUST revamp HK on the Ps3 to make it compatible...
homerjnick

Postby John_VF » July 6th, 2011, 6:21 pm

JELLYHEAD wrote:When you say cross play does that mean the psvita user can play against a ps3 user if so would the user of say the psvita have any advantages over the other. thx

If you buy yourself a shiny new PlayStation Vita, you will indeed be able to play against PS3 players, and visa versa! Neither player should have an advantage, but due to touch-screen controls on Vita, there will naturally be a difference in the way a shot can be taken (you can still use Vita's analogue sticks if you choose, though).

We'll also be supporting asynchronous play which means you'll be able to play a friend in a turn-based, message style game.

I guess it could work a little bit like this: Take your shot, switch off your PS Vita, go to the beach and do some yoga. Meanwhile, your friend just finished climbing Everest and decides to chill out by playing Hustle Kings in his jacuzzi. He switches it on and sees that it's his turn to take a shot, he pots several balls and then misses the black. When you're done yoga-ing, you will be notified that it's your turn to take a shot and so it continues until someone wins. Play at your leisure, when you feel like it, and several games like this can be played at any time.

DISCLAIMER: I am not advocating the use of a PlayStation Vita whilst being tickled by bubbles in a jacuzzi. Sounds great tho.
John_VF

Postby QuietlyWrong » July 6th, 2011, 8:54 pm

Sounds intriguing. Is asynchronous play going to be Vita-only? I'm guessing even if it weren't you wouldn't be able to switch between systems mid-game...

... Hmmm... thinking about how neither player will have a disadvantage... Wouldn't the PS3 player have a little advantage in resolution when trying to line up shots? Or are you going to implement a zoom feature? ;)
QuietlyWrong

Postby JELLYHEAD » July 25th, 2011, 11:43 pm

yes will buy one of these vitas sounds a lot of fun hustle kings will be my first purchase for it can't wait
JELLYHEAD

Return to Hustle Kings PS3 Discussion