Overdue patch

Any general waffle or miscellaneous chit-chat related to Hustle Kings on PlayStation 3 should go here.

Overdue patch

Postby LordOfThePies » June 9th, 2011, 2:22 pm

Hi VooFoo.
I just wanted to ask if you have anymore plans to patch this game again?
I've played it from day one so I remember a time when it didn't crash or disconnect every five minutes. One patch somewhere down the line has caused this problem for so many players and it has never been addressed.
Also this would be as good a time as any to finally reset the ranking points. People rarely set up ranked games anymore as its common knowledge the system does nothing to represent who the best players actually are.
And maybe you could finally do that club table everybody wants for the snooker.
Its a great game that isn't played as much as it should be due to the fact the table is only designed for players who practice every day. Line players not included.
You've had a great record of fixing issues promptly in the past so why stop now. Pull your finger out boys!
LordOfThePies

Re: Overdue patch

Postby UK-Chris » June 9th, 2011, 2:53 pm

Hi Voofoo. I must say im in agreement with Lordofthepies. The crashing and freezing is happening so often nowadays. A lot of the time when i`m in `text chat` whilst playing, and also half way through a game and so on. I have a lot of games and by far Hustle Kings i play the most. If you can fix the crashing, and the 3 ball forfeit rule, a near perfect game will be perfect again
Really hope you can sort out the problem.
all the best.
UK-Chris.
UK-Chris

Postby rustyB » June 9th, 2011, 8:23 pm

Hey chaps i totally agree, i heard through the grapevine that there is a patch in the works but could be hear say as nothings been confirmed on here, I only seem to get disconnected when playing pool i dont seem to have any trouble with snooker apart from the rules it would be nice to see that nailed finally, see u on ze baize boys
rustyB

Postby microbiotic » June 10th, 2011, 9:43 am

+1
microbiotic

Postby pot the black » June 13th, 2011, 9:39 am

I'm in agreement with you guys something needs to be done.
pot the black

Postby duarcain » June 13th, 2011, 9:36 pm

I've got a sneaky feeling that if we are going to get a patch, it'll probably be around the time HK is released for the PS Vita.
duarcain

Postby LordOfThePies » June 16th, 2011, 9:24 am

A full week and still no reply! Really?!
With my work and personal commitments I am out of the house for at least 70-90 hours a week. So my opportunities to fire up the PC and check back here are very limited.
Yet since posting this I have managed to check back on it 5 or 6 times.
As programmers it should be a safe assumption that your working days are mostly spent sat in front of a PC, I would of thought you would of had the time to at least find the decency to give some kind of response.
In an ideal world the gaming industry would of taken note of the outrage caused by Sony's lack of communication with the consumers.
Obviously this is not the case.
Long story short.... your a fucking bunch of useless wankers who are obviously completely out of their depth when it comes to programming a game that actually works.
I'm sure you have other projects, but is this really a genuine reason to completely ignore all the people who purchased your original creation? ie... the people who put you in your present position of a successful company.
Fuck you VooFoo... fuck you very much!
LordOfThePies

Postby laidbackcat » June 17th, 2011, 4:25 pm

please voo foo doo patch this , mainly the club table . i ,like lord of the pies am out working hard ect. at least a hundred hours a week and just dont have time 2 practice the snooker( which you need 2 play daily ) i too was a day 1 buyer of the game and used 2 nag people 2 buy it and sing its praises ( hell, i even wrote 2 game central and got it posted ) but lost a lot of love 4 the game when the snooker came out, its just simply no fun whatsoever 2 play and although i have got 6 or 7 people from the modnation 2 buy the game for the pool i actively discourage them from buying the snooker. it really wouldn't need much adjusting ( certainly not saying 2 make the pockets like the pool table ) just a little more forgiving .. virtually nobody plays snooker and it is easy 2 see why, cm'on guys pull ya fingers out ( of your ears it seems )
laidbackcat

Postby Revolver » June 17th, 2011, 7:50 pm

I wouldn't say no to a 10%-20% increase in pocket size would be able to make shots down the rail then, maybe more would play it then, i would for sure
Revolver

Postby John_VF » June 18th, 2011, 3:05 pm

Sorry about the delay in answering this. Some of you may have noticed that E3 was on last week and that we had Hustle Kings for Vita at the show. Our tech guy was in Los Angeles for a whole week with the rest of us meeting deadlines. With all five of us in the team being developers, we're not exactly well equipped to be as active as we'd like on these forums - and before you mention it, we're not earning enough to employ anyone to do it either!

I'd like to think we do have a decent track record of listening to you guys and doing our best to resolve many of the problems you report, as well as adding new features that you've specifically asked for. I'm not too sure we deserve to be verbally abused over a title that has been supported for 18 months since its release.

I'd like to make one thing clear to all of you - although we're independent developers, and Hustle Kings was our idea, it's ultimately the property of Sony. We can't just decide to do a patch and release it - it doesn't work that way. A patch must be authorised, and then fully tested, with the final decision of its release being entirely out of our hands. With that in mind, it logically goes without saying that sometimes, we're legally unable to talk about things related to the game. It's not my intention to make Sony look bad here because they've actually been brilliant - it's just the nature of the industry and the way things work!

We always read the forums and we're completely aware of what you want us to do. Sometimes it isn't possible, and if it is, we may be working on it but there's a chance we may not be able to discuss it.

I can say that we've been working incredibly hard on Hustle Kings for Vita, and we've tried to correct a lot of issues that you guys have reported. Because the title supports cross-play, it's inevitable that the in-game elements will have to be identical for it to work properly. Vita is awesome and we've been doing our best to make Hustle Kings even better.
John_VF

Next

Return to Hustle Kings PS3 Discussion