Equal opportunity for all

Any general waffle or miscellaneous chit-chat related to Hustle Kings on PlayStation 3 should go here.

Equal opportunity for all

Postby stevejames » April 10th, 2011, 2:35 pm

hi there i thank you for making such a great game the reason im here is i've had the game about 5 months and can't make any headway in the rankings i have read a few of the other posts on this for a start the top 10 is corrupt don't see many of them players but if you do in a room they dont have the rank points what it says in the rank leaderboard i've seen about 6 or 7 top 50 players in the 5 months i've had it, some people saying more used to play it but it does seem quite busy to me i think plenty have stopped playing because with a game or in general life you need a something to aim for,when a snooker player or tennis player plays a match of course they try to win it but their also thinking about the full picture,moving up in the rankings its natural to wanna climb as high as you can,but it is not possible here,I have got disconnected for real lately and i did still lose my points and i know i was gonna win another game when he disconnected and he still lost his rank points so maybe its been fixed.A full reset of the rank leaderboard would be great because players new to the game and old would have equal chance to get to the top something that can't be done at present because the damage has been done,a reset would definitely reignite players passion.
stevejames

Re: Equal opportunity for all

Postby jonuvull » April 10th, 2011, 4:23 pm

First of all i understand where your coming from, i've had the same gripe myself but reseting all rankings i dont think would be to fair, You've been playing 5 months, many have been playing since the game was first released so reseting all just so you can get even with the rest seems a bit silly, but certainly the top 15 or 20 who have billions of points have obviosly hacked the system, maybe something could be done about those, they are never on it as you say but they dont need to they will still be up there for the next 20 years without having to play any more, it is a complete farce but nothing has ever been done about it despite many complaints it is a shame because its just discouraging not only for veteran players but also relatively new ones like yourself. As for people who always quit games they're also very annoying. Most of the time the non offending player will record the win and return to the lobby but somtimes the screen just freezes and only leaves you the option to press circle (Quit) ,When this happens you record a DNF and lose rank points or HKC even if it was not your fault, Maybe this is the glitch the top rankers use i don't know but it is certainly another issue that needs to be addressed. my tip for avoiding these people is simple, i don't play ranked matches any more only hustle and avoid anybody that bets riddiculous amounts of HKC these will almost certainly quit before you sink the final black. There are still good and fair players on the game though you just have to figure out who is and who is'nt by trail and error i'm afraid.
jonuvull

Postby John_VF » April 11th, 2011, 4:21 pm

You both make good points but its clear that there isn't an obvious solution to the problem. Unfortunately, people did abuse the system and it has resulted in a warped rankings table. It's sad but there are always those that are happy to cheat and do all they can to circumvent any safeguards we put in place.

As for resetting the tables - we're damned if we do and damned if we don't! The situation is far from ideal but we'll look into various potential avenues and try to find something that works for the majority.

Any further suggestions are most welcome!
John_VF

Postby jonuvull » April 11th, 2011, 6:04 pm

This may seem like constant nagging to you, this is not my intension i understand that there is little or nothing you can do about it now, the cheats know who they are and they have to live with it. its not a big issue for me and has not put me off one little bit, i love hustle kings its the only game i play nowadays (since i got bored of black ops lol) i try to get a few games every day on this fantastic pool sim and as i've said before there are still some great players out there who you can have a really good game with. My points are more of an observation than a critisism, i know its not your fault.
jonuvull

Postby duarcain » April 11th, 2011, 11:12 pm

In professional sports, rankings are not based on all-time results (and rightly so), so why should Hustle Kings be any different?

However Hustle Kings could have all of these separate rankings:

ALL-TIME rankings
Calendar Monthly rankings
Quarterly rankings (like Spring, Summer, Autumn and Winter Cups?)
Yearly rankings
An Archived Honours board

This way new online players can compete with the veterans who naturally want to keep their name up there in lights.

Hustle Kings could even reward the Top players with in-game prizes/bonuses, voucher codes (for any future DLC) and virtual trophies etc that could be displayed within their profile or by their avatar e.g. a Gold Cup for being a monthly champion?

Isn't there some way of just deleting the scores of the obvious hackers/cheats?
duarcain

Postby stevejames » April 13th, 2011, 3:50 pm

hi, jonuvull and duarcain make some good points,when i say rankings i just mean the rank points leaderboard not the stats and games played at various variations,when i started the no line players would play the rank matches and the line players would play the hustle for money matches now you dont see rank rooms open often the interest has gone because high ranked players are not active, every match now its like playing a friendly nothing at stake and no adrenalin,a quarterly rankings would definetly improve moral, lets face it were not really bothered about winning 1 match it has no meaning.
stevejames

Postby jonuvull » April 13th, 2011, 9:30 pm

Great idea, sounds awsome
jonuvull

Postby Revolver » May 8th, 2011, 5:28 pm

Join the flustration club to think in years to come it will still read the same
Revolver

Return to Hustle Kings PS3 Discussion