FIX THE RULES !

Any general waffle or miscellaneous chit-chat related to Hustle Kings on PlayStation 3 should go here.

FIX THE RULES !

Postby microbiotic » November 16th, 2010, 11:17 pm

The rules in both snooker & pool need to be fixed.
Because of that i stopped playing this game.
It's getting really silly now...
Almost 1 year after the release of pool the rules are still not like they should be.
What's a billiards game with realistic physics and unrealistic rules ?
Instead of fixing the rules, new dlc's come out...it makes me wonder if voofoo is working on fixing these bugs...
The aim was producing the most realistic billiards game to date, but without proper rules it's a joke...
Please let us know if you're still working on fixing this.
It's been awfully quiet from the developer side :(
Don't ruin this great game...
microbiotic

Re: FIX THE RULES !

Postby Ouazegaga » November 17th, 2010, 6:50 pm

+1

Almost one year that the "cushion rule" problem in a pool game have been reported (and several months for the "random total snooker" in a snooker game).

And the May, 24th:

John_VF wrote:Well, there seems to be a majority of players on these forums asking for this update so I'll make sure that this gets reviewed carefully before any future patches. Thanks again to everyone for the feedback.

One year, 3 or 4 patches, and no rules update. :|
Ouazegaga

Postby microbiotic » December 4th, 2010, 7:41 pm

Well ? VooFoo ? Still there ?
microbiotic

Postby microbiotic » March 6th, 2011, 11:51 am

Hello ?...are you fixing it ?
John, why are you only replying posts from new members ?
Give us a sign u're working on it !
microbiotic

Postby John_VF » March 6th, 2011, 2:07 pm

Hi Microbiotic,

We're completely aware that you'd like us to change the rules and I did provide a pretty comprehensive answer in another thread:

viewtopic.php?f=16&t=242&hilit=+official

"You'll have to watch this space with regard to our ultimate decision, which we will indeed make clear at some point in the near future!"

That information still holds true, and we will be making the situation clear, as and when we can. FYI, although we're an independent developer, it's not always possible for us to be as clear as we'd like due to contractual obligations.

Hope you understand!
John
John_VF

Postby microbiotic » March 9th, 2011, 11:31 pm

It's pretty essential I think...
But thanks anyways, I hope you make the right descision soon ;)
microbiotic

Postby microbiotic » March 28th, 2011, 10:50 pm

Over a year later, still nothing...starting too lose faith...
It's really sad VooFoo doesn't understand the importance of the proper rules in a snooker/pool game.
microbiotic

Postby duarcain » April 3rd, 2011, 11:54 am

I used to play a lot of US 8-ball and 9-ball but don't get much chance to do so in real life these days, so am happy that there is Hustle Kings around!

As for the rules for 8-ball, I'm curious as to which organisation you'd want to go with, as it seems that they all have their own variants:

Billiard Congress of America (BCA), World Pool-Billiard Association (WPA), International Pool Tour, American Poolplayers Association (APA), Canadian Poolplayers Association (CPA), Valley National Eight-Ball Association (VNEA) et al?

The BCA promotes the 'World Standardized Rules'. Maybe those are the rules we want?

From personal experience I (and my Pool buddies) have always played US Eight Ball in this way:

Fouls result in 'ball in hand'.

Shots have to be called ergo '5 ball top left corner pocket'. If the 5-ball ends up in another pocket or another ball from the same set is potted (instead of the 5 ball) then this is a foul. As far as I know, 8-ball has always been a 'call shot' game. In Hustle Kings this means you'd have to nominate the pocket with L1 for every shot and have a mechanism to select a ball, unless you are playing 'safe' or indeed breaking off.

A player may pot a ball via a ball in his/her own set but must call it like in the example above.

Player can play a 'safety' shot but must call this by saying 'playing safe', 'safety' or 'safe' or something similar. In doing so he/she can not pot a ball, this results in a foul.

In all shots if a ball isn't pocketed the cue ball or object ball must hit a rail/cushion. Not doing so results in a foul.

Four object balls have to hit the rail/cushion at the break.

If the Eight ball is pocketed from the break then its a re-rack.

If a player legally pots a ball (or balls) from the break, then the table is still open until the same player pots another ball of either ball set. Example: Player breaks and pots two striped balls, player doesn't have to stick with stripes, he/she can go for spots if for instance, spots are placed around the table in a more advantageous position. Table remains open until a ball is potted legally after the initial break shot.

Re 9-ball

I see Hustle Kings don't use the 'Push out' rule or the 'golden break' rule. I think these rules are pretty fundamental to the game of 9-ball.

I wouldn't go with the current Mosconi Cup rules where x amount of balls have to go past the head string (I forget whether its 3 or 4) as I find it hard enough getting one object ball past the head string in Hustle Kings.

Just to add - whatever rules are finally chosen I think it'd be good to have these rules in 'print' within the game both as a menu option and as an in-game 'help' feature. Not everyone is fully au fait with some of the rules as they generally play more colloquial rules.
Last edited by duarcain on April 4th, 2011, 9:12 am, edited 2 times in total.
duarcain

Postby microbiotic » April 3rd, 2011, 5:12 pm

What's most important imo is the 1 cushion rule in pool, that you have to atleast hit 1 cushion with either Q-ball or object ball when laying a snooker.
In snooker it's the miss rule that needs tweaking, and it doesn't recognize snookers very well.
Now when u have a real snooker, it's 3 misses and you lost the frame...this is wrong !
microbiotic

Postby duarcain » April 3rd, 2011, 6:08 pm

I haven't played much Snooker on Hustle Kings but if its three misses and you forfeit the frame then that is harsh. I'm not a fan of the 'miss' rule at all but the pro's use it, so I suppose it should be in Hustle Kings. Just take away the three misses = lose.

I don't know if its included already but is there the option to re-rack if a frame is seemingly going nowhere?

I believe at a professional level there is a similar three miss rule with 9-ball, three fouls in three consecutive visits in the same rack and you lose.
duarcain

Next

Return to Hustle Kings PS3 Discussion